Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to basics

That's it, I decided to make an english adaptation of my blog J'ai envie, originally written in French.
It will allow me to improve my english (if someone is kind enough to tell me about my mistakes), to reach more people when I say something important - don't laugh, it's possible! - and also to meet new people, share new points of view

I don't think I'll translate all my previous posts - even though translating 4 years of blogging may be an interesting experiment, or a crazy bet - but I'll try to synchronize as much as possible this version with the french one.

I begin this today because I hadn't blogged since a couple of months on J'ai envie, and I've just updated it.

See you later on this blog, and please don't post comments saying that I'm the worst thing which ever happened to the english language!

P.S.: I'd like to thank Pascal a lot for helping me to correct this first post

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who else better than me can advise you on conversational english? Probably billions of people, but I'm your kind-enough type of guy.

You must/should write:
- written (not writed);
- improve my english (not improve that language: improve doesn't imply yourself);
- tell me (not tell my);
- no space before punctuation;
- even though (not thus here);
- might (less probable than may, in my opinion);
- french one (instead of repeating version);
- I begin (not I'm beginning).

I think "I fancy" is a really good title. It relates to imagination and daydreaming and I believe it's closer to what you will tell on this blog.

Read you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to see your return... I'm waiting that your spirit will add other surprises in this blog !

Mélanie said...

Do you like Christina Aguilera ??? hi hi hi (happyly laughing is universal!)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn’t dare correct you english, I'm already happy you're trying to get some english going in here. I'll keep you posted if I ever see any mistake, but I don't think that would have a point.
The important part of this english blog will be to help you use your english outside of class.
If I can help in any way, please let me know :)